Jelly Fruit Halwa Recipe / Agar Agar (China Grass) Pudding
Jelly Fruit Halwa is a fantastic recipe. It is a light, refreshing and a beautiful “fruitcake” with colourful fruits embedded in the jelly. I have used strawberries, kiwi and black grapes. You can also use Mango, Pineapple, Litchi, etc. This dessert is so good to eat along with the fruits in between jelly. A sure winning dessert for your parties or a family get-together, and you will get many compliments and praise. Do try out my lovely recipe and you will love to make it again and again.
What is agar-agar?
Agar agar is referred as China grass or kanten in Japan. It is a vegetarian seaweed variety. White and semi-translucent, it is sold as strips or in powdered form. It is used to make jellies, pudding and custard.
Agar agar is a vegetarian alternative to gelatine and is derived from a South East Asian seaweed.
Benefits of Agar-agar
1. Agar-agar is a good source of calcium, iron and high source of fibre.
2. It contains no sugar, no fats and no carbohydrate.
3. It is known for its ability for its ability to aid in digestion and weight loss.
4. Agar-agar is also considered a mild laxative, helps reduce inflammation etc.
5. Agar – agar has no calories, no carbs, no sugar, no fats and loaded with fibre.
6. It is free from starch, soy corn, gluten, yeast, wheat, milk, eggs and preservatives.
7. Agar- agar is a food ingredient of soluble fibre for a healthy life. It acts a detoxifying agent.
Ingredients for Jelly Fruit Halwa
- Sugar – 9 Tbsp
- Milk – 600 ml
- Rose syrup – 1 Tbsp
- Rose essence – 1/2 Tsp
- Water – 300 ml
- Agar – agar – 12 gms
- Black grapes
For complete recipe please watch the video given below